New e-Learning Development in CRDISeptember 5, 2019
ONLINE CRDI Course: Fundamentals in Medical Device Design and RegulationOctober 15, 2019
- TITLE OF POST: Post Doctoral Researcher in the Characterisation of Single Cells (Re-advertisement)
- LOCATION: University of Limerick
- REPORTS TO: Project Leader
- CONTRACT TYPE: Specific Purpose
- SALARY SCALE: €37,223 – €48,205 p.a. pro rata (maximum starting salary €40,661 p.a. pro rata)
- Doctoral degree (level 10 NFQ) (completed or at final stages of completion i.e. viva complete) in cellular and molecular biology or a related discipline (e.g. biochemistry, neuroscience, biomedical science, bioinformatics etc.).
- The Post Doctoral Researcher will also be an accomplished cell biologist with experience in cell culture, flow cytometry, histology, cell signalling, confocal microscopy and solid tissue preparation and be familiar with omics approaches to cell biology.
- The successful applicant should have a good understanding of cancer cell signalling networks and protein-protein interactions.
The successful applicant will be part of a large multidisciplinary research team of biomedical engineers, bioscientists, clinicians and industrial partners (BD Research Centre Ireland) who are focused on the architectural characterisation of tissue. The successful applicant will have specific responsibilities and will be a senior member of a core team that is funded by Enterprise Ireland.
The overall objective of this research project is focused on understanding how local tissue microenvironments can contribute to cell behaviour within colonic tumours. The specific aims of this research role are to contribute to the development of a tissue-preparation technology-platform, suitable for multiparameter analysis, which can retain architectural information of tissue at near cellular level. This tissue preparation platform will be integrated for downstream multiparameter analysis using BD Biosciences single cell analysis platforms.
Download details of the position here